MUNICIPALITY OF NORMAN WELLS
Town Clerk – (Part - Time)
The Town of Norman Wells is located in the Sahtu Region of the Northwest Territories. With a population of approximately 700, the Municipality offers abundant recreational and lifestyle opportunities.
Reporting to the Senior Administrative Officer; the Town Clerk:
- Performs all administrative services for the Council meetings
- Performs administrative duties for the SAO
- Provides administrative support to the quasi-judicial boards of Council (the Development Appeal Board, the Board of Revision)
- Maintains by-laws, resolutions, and agreements
1. Third level Education or Minimum of five (5) years’ municipal work experience.
3. Working knowledge of relevant legislation, local government functions/responsibilities, and thorough knowledge of Council/Committee processes and protocol.
4. Working knowledge of a corporate records management system.
5. Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
6. Strong skills in communication (written, oral and interpersonal), minute-taking, problem-solving, organizational, public relations, customer service, and time management.
7. Ability to draft by-laws and legal documents, to demonstrate tact and discretion in handling matters of a confidential or politically sensitive nature, and to maintain confidentiality.
Equivalencies will be considered.
Closing Date: Posted until filled.
The Town offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefit package.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed resumes quoting job title to:
PO Box 5
Town of Norman Wells, NT
Fax 867-587-3701 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that the Town of Norman Wells requires all prospective employees to provide a criminal records check prior to employment. We thank all applicants who apply, but advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.