Public Works and Utilities Manager-Town Of Norman Wells NT
Public Works and Utilities Manager
The Town of Norman Wells is seeking a Public Works Manager to join its Management Team. The Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and management of all municipal works and utilities operations and staff.
-Degree in Civil Engineering or Certified Engineering Technologist Diploma
- A minimum 7 years Knowledge and understanding of municipal infrastructure, operations and public works
- A minimum 7 years progressively responsible management level municipal experience that includes financial and budget administration
- A minimum 7 years’ experience of drafting proposals, tenders, bids, purchasing, and procurement
- A minimum 7 years Project management experience and training
- Proven supervisory skills and strong leadership abilities
- Demonstrable organizational skills in scheduling work, managing consultants and contractors
- Proficient experience with computer software programs including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD™
- Knowledge of Territorial regulations and Municipal By-laws relating to Public Works
- Valid driver’s license
- Comprehensive Health/Dental Benefits
- Housing Allowance
- Vacation Travel Assistance
- A Competitive Salary (commensurate with education and experience)
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Town of Norman Wells is close-knit government organization with approximately 20 familyoriented staff members. The management team is an innovative team of respectful and encouraging professional who value the contributions from each and every employee. Working for the Town of Norman Wells will give you the chance to make a true difference in the community where you live and play.
Located on the north bank of the MacKenzie River, 684 km north-west of Yellowknife, the town is a perfect place for any outdoor enthusiast whom loves the natural splendors of Mother Nature. For those looking to relocate to the area, you will be welcomed into a community with approximately population of 800 with a high employment rate and extremely low crime rate. In Norman Wells there is no shortage of activities for you to take part in, including peaceful camping grounds, excellent fishing spots, a golf course and superior restaurants. The local community centre is complete with a curling rink, hockey rink and a large seasonal pool. The MacKenzie Valley offers visitors the simplicity of traditional Metis and Dene lifestyles as well as rugged mountain and river adventures.
To learn more about the Town of Norman Wells you are encouraged to visit our website at: http://www.normanwells.com
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their resume to:
Town of Norman Wells PO Box 5 Norman Wells, NT X0E 0V0 Attention: email@example.com Ph: 867-587-3700 Fax: 867-587-3701
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted