MUNICIPALITY OF NORMAN WELLS
Lands Clerk/Development Officer – (Part - Time)
The Town of Norman Wells is seeking a Part-Time Lands clerk/ Development officer to join its Town Office Team.
Reporting to the Senior Administrative Officer; the Lands Clerk/Development Officer:
Shall possess proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, land use policies and procedures and legislation
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and by-laws
- Public relations and customer service skills
- Administer taxation and taxation assessments
- Administer and develop the appeal process
- Maintain records of Municipal Land and land use
- Process rezoning and land use by- law amendments
- Ensure Council is provided with the resources to make effective decisions, regarding applications, contracts and acquisitions, disposal bylaw
- Third level Education or Minimum of five (5) years’ municipal work experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, local government functions/responsibilities.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Strong skills in communication (written, oral and interpersonal), problem-solving, organizational, public relations, customer service, and time management.
Closing Date: Posted until filled.
The Town offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefit package.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed resumes quoting job title to:
PO Box 5
Town of Norman Wells, NT
Fax 867-587-3701 or email: email@example.com
Please be advised that the Town of Norman Wells requires all prospective employees to provide a criminal records check prior to employment. We thank all applicants who apply, but advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.